Rova Products Canada Inc. (“Rova”) located in Brampton, Ontario is seeking a high energy team-oriented Intermediate AV Technician. Rova is a telecommunications distributor and professional services firm with a wide variety of customers across the industry. We are a Microsoft Teams-focused video company, and we are looking for a candidate with an interest to work in the field for our video conferencing services division. The candidate would be joining our emerging UC group to help develop and implement our video-meeting rooms initiative.
- The Intermediate AV Technician is primarily responsible for room configuration, implementation, trouble shooting and testing of all new video conferencing rooms.
- The expectation is that the candidate will be proficient at the network-level with Poly, Jabra, Logitech, and similar equipment.
- The job would include: customer facing responsibilities where the candidate would demonstrate creative thinking, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to video-conferencing configurations and rooms, connectivity, and AV equipment
- As an experienced field technician you will be responsible for leading a team or teams for AV installation projects.
- Technical experience: Display, accessory, equipment provisioning, installation, configuration, and testing.
- A background with troubleshooting associated with any hardware, software, or programming malfunctions within the video conferencing environment.
- Familiar with all equipment associated with video-meeting rooms, including: cameras, projectors, monitors, control systems, PCs, smartboards, etc.
- Experience in a Microsoft Teams environment would be considered an asset
- Understanding of LAN/WAN hardware and software for switches, hubs, routers, bridges, modems, multiplexors, point-to-point date circuits via copper and fiber for audio and video.
- Knowledge and understanding to help with the coordination and management of video rooms and systems in multiple offices, utilizing local resources for on-site technical support and set up.
- IT related technical degree or program completed
- Avixa and/or Microsoft Teams certification would be considered an asset however we will sponsor courses and training and expect certification within 2 years.
- Minimum of 1 year field experience
Benefits and Schedule
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday