Rova Products Canada Inc. (“Rova”) located in Brampton, Ontario is seeking a high energy team-oriented Senior AV Technician. Rova is a telecommunications distributor and professional services firm with a wide variety of customers across the industry spectrum. We are a Microsoft Teams-focused video company, and we are looking for a candidate with an interest to become the technical leader of our video conferencing services division. The candidate would be joining our emerging UC group to help develop and implement our video-meeting rooms initiative.
- The Senior AV Technician is primarily responsible for room and project design, project management, and implementation of all new video conferencing rooms.
- The main tasks would include: client collaboration, design, configuration, installation, and troubleshooting.
- The expectation is that the candidate will be proficient at the network-level with Poly, Jabra, and similar equipment.
- The job would include: customer facing responsibilities where the candidate would demonstrate creative thinking, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to video-conferencing configurations and rooms, connectivity, and AV equipment
- As our in-house technical expert, you will be expected to maintain a comprehensive understanding of best practices and advances in emerging technologies within video solutions, closely matching technology solutions to the business needs of the firm.
- Technical experience: room design and configuration, equipment setup, testing.
- A background with troubleshooting associated with any hardware, software, or programming malfunctions within the video conferencing environment.
- Familiar with all equipment associated with video-meeting rooms, including: cameras, projectors, monitors, control systems, PCs, smartboards, etc.
- A Microsoft Teams, and other certifications will be considered an asset
- Experience in liaising with vendors, equipment manufacturers, and integrators to install, test and configure new systems.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN hardware and software for switches, hubs, routers, bridges, modems, multiplexors, point-to-point date circuits via copper and fiber for audio and video.
- Knowledge and understanding to help with the coordination and management of video rooms and systems in multiple offices, utilizing local resources for on-site technical support and set up.
- IT related technical degree or program completed
- Avixa and/or Microsoft Teams certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
$70,000.00-$95,000.00 per year